All Four Acts Complete - Tell a Demon is in Beta
Just a quick update now that Itch.io has a nice new devlog feature. Right now, I am fixing and polishing the Beta version of Tell a Demon and plan to release it some time this month. Probably the end of May.
There are a few known issues at the moment (version 1.17):
- If you play the Hunger route (in which Tell makes a bargain with Julius), Julius might get two endings. This isn't supposed to happen.
- I'll work on this tomorrow. Usually this is a quick fix once I find the problem.
- Final copy editing and proofread.
- Still need to crack open my style manual and do another round of polish.
- But, currently going over the story and making sure there are no big story problems before I do this.
There may be more issues, like the first one mentioned above, that I haven't found yet. Tell a Demon is complex, and many of the choices change the outcome of the story. So what often happens is that I write a certain number of choices and outcomes, test them to make sure they work, and then a player comes along who makes a combination of choices I hadn't thought of which then breaks the game. If you want to play through the beta, you might find more of these--if you do, please let me know so I can put them on my list of things to fix.
That's all for now.
S. A. Welland
Get Tell a Demon
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.